Saturday, September 3

S is for Summer, Steak & Salad

My husband is quite the trooper. He eats lots of veggies, many failed efforts and actually supports me in my endeavors. But he likes steak. He makes a wonderful steak. So good it makes this Vegan girl drool and have a bite- or sometimes 10.


What's left of the bounty above shows on the plate below!
Sugar Daddy also grills up a mean piece of Mahi Mahi and some tender crisp summer squash. All of the aforementioned good food went quite nicely with today's salad creation. Especially the grilled fish.


Fresh, organic, preferably-from-your-garden ingredients:
Served my family of 5, includes 2 toddlers.

  • 1 1/2 c Spring Mix, chopped
  • 1/2 c green cabbage, shredded
  • 1/4 red onion, diced
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 1/4 Persian cucumber, sliced & quartered
  • large carrot, "ribboned"
  • 2 T Dill Healthy Creamy (Majestic) Garlic
  • 2 T Cashew Cream Sauce (add link)
  • 2 t Sweet Curry Sprouted Sunflower Seeds

  1. Prep all veggies.
  2. Toss together.
  3. Use scissors to chop.
  4. Eat with your favorite fork.

3 comments:

  1. I love Majestic Garlic, so does the kiddo. I'll try this one out. I've always wanted to try cashew cream sauce even try out cashew cream in place of whip cream. Cool idea to "use scissors to chop".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet cashew cream is sooo good- I put in a little banana, Medjool date, vanilla and dash of coconut milk.

    here is the recipe I based all my versions of cashew cream off, and I have made about 4 now... I need to get them posted. Basically I modify based on what I have available...

    http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-to-make-cashew-cream-and-curry.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, I'll finally try it out. I've never been a date gal but I love me some coconut milk. :)

    ReplyDelete